Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Random Photo Tip

Yes, I think its time that as a fine art photographer I start to share some simple tips for my reader base. Many people think that you have to have a high quality slr (single lens reflex) camera to get great shots. I will make several posts in this regard and share what I have accomplished with just a simple 12.1 megapixel point and shoot. The salesperson at the local camera store may have tried to convince you otherwise and that is their job. Yes, there is a huge difference in quality between a Canon Powershot 12.1 megapixel and a Canon 7d or 5d Mark II. The question is, does the difference matter in your everyday photography? Not really, in fact you can make art quality images with a point and shoot. The trick isn't the camera its how you take the picture. Next time I post on this subject, I will share my thoughts on simple techniques for successful results.  The photo below was taken with a point and shoot, processed with HDR software and that's it.  No photoshop or filtration or editing of any other kind.  Until next time...

2 comments:

Barbara Matson said...

You have photographic talent - I am envious! Wow.

Thanks for the well wishes, I am feeling so much better this afternoon!

saltbox
treasures
said...

This shot is amazing! I just got a Nikon D40; and I'm open to any and all photography tips. It's all new to me.
~ Julie